Do you want to make a difference and contribute to creating a better world? Are you interested in developing your skills and knowledge, while putting your ideals to work? Join us, we are a frontrunner in ethical banking and global impact investing, and we need people like you to make change happen.
We believe that money can change the world for the better. In fact, our organisation was founded on this belief. Our mission is to create a society that protects and promotes the quality of life of all its members with human dignity at its core.
Currently, we are on a journey of implementing new organisational model, which will allow us to better support our customers and further professionalise our ways of working. For the KYC & Financial Crime area this means moving towards an uniform and efficient processes and creating single points of responsibility for the group. To make this possible we would like to bring on board a people and result oriented team manager to join forces together and take on the challenge of:
KYC & FC Team Lead Risk Control, Risk Modelling & Quality Assurance (0,8 – 1 FTE)
As team lead Risk Control, Risk Modelling & Quality Assurance (RC, RM and QA), you bear hierarchical responsibility for a team of approximately 9 FTE within the KYC & FC Centre of Expertise (CoE). You are a result-oriented KYC & FC manager with attention for people and deliverables. You drive and support the timely delivery of KYC & Financial Crime risk control and risk modelling and the performance of Quality Assurance. Together with the other team leads within the Centre of Expertise, you are the linking pin for the harmonization, efficiency, and effectiveness of our KYC & FC organisation. Further, you drive individual and team growth and coordinate the cooperation between the Centre of Expertise operational teams where needed.
What’s your focus
- Maintain a clear vision on market and legislation developments, ensuring consistent and excellent quality and risk control, in line with the Triodos risk appetite, across KYC & FC. You achieve this by setting a clear roadmap for Risk Modelling, Risk Control and Quality Assurance.
- Steer the further development of model management and development of our risk models (including incorporating ethical aspects). Set clear qualitative and quantitative objectives and KPI’s to monitor performance of our risk model and uniform, compliant implementation and application of KYC & FC risk and control processes throughout the group. Create a roadmap for the team and set objectives (in consultation with the Head of Centre of Expertise), closely monitor if these are met, and take action when needed.
- Implement structural and uniform process improvements within risk control and the execution of the SIRA.
- You have a keen understanding of Product Ownership, steering IT deliverables for risk model development as product owner for an E-crime fusion team.
- You have a direct line with the operational teams and compliance and are able to further develop our quality framework, ensuring effective Quality assurance whilst maintaining an efficient operation. Further, you closely collaborate with our 1st line risk team to further enhance our control framework and ensure its effectiveness across the Group.
How you will make a difference
This is you
A true people leader for the co-workers within your team, explaining KYC & FC strategy and business plans, setting appropriate performance objectives, motivate co-workers to do extraordinary things to achieve the objectives, driving personal and professional development, FLOW dialogues and coaching your direct reports to their full potential.
You are an independent KYC&FC management professional who has expert knowledge of CDD processes and a thorough knowledge of applicable regulatory framework and laws. You are able to oversee and drive the delivery of KYC & FC risk control, risk modelling and quality assurance. You can act independently, make decisions and represent the department to relevant (external) committees (SIRA working Group, Ruleboard, AML-C, first/second line operational meeting etc.) and stakeholders. You support the Head of CoE to achieve strategic objectives and required maturity in the area of risk control, risk modelling and quality assurance within KYC & Financial Crime. You know how to develop a strong and efficient team that has in-depth knowledge and expertise of KYC & FC controls. You are a seasoned professional and people manager, used to collaborate with mid and senior management. You have good analytical skills, using MI reports as your starting point to improve the team results and drive objectives. You set and efficiently manage high quality standards and you know how to provide your team with clear goals and a structure to thrive. You are able to effectively translate the framework to operations and manage progress on deliverables performed by operational teams.
This is complemented by:
- Extensive KYC & FC experience and relevant experience in managing a content driven team in a complex CDD environment.
- (Preferably) a Bachelor or Master’s degree in Law, Criminology, Business Economics or equivalent experience.
- Up-to-date knowledge of relevant laws and regulations is a must.
- Knowledge of and experience with risk model frameworks and Quality Assurance frameworks.
- (Willingness to obtain) Certifications that demonstrate your expertise on KYC/CDD (e.g. ACAMS, SIRA, ICA, risk models and risk & controls, etc.).
- (Willingness to obtain) Certifications that demonstrate Agile/Scrum and PO expertise (preferably a PPO certification) or willingness to obtain certifications in the short term.
- Fluency in English, Dutch, German, Spanish or French is a pre.
The overall KYC & FC Centre of Expertise is organised at group level and steers all KYC & FC related processes in order to create an organisation in control with efficient, effective and compliant operations. Your team will consist of approximately 9 experts who will report into you. Together with 2 other team leads, you will be part of the CoE MT, and you will report into the Head of CoE. On QA matters, you will closely cooperate with the Head of CDD and Head of Alert Handling & Investigations, for Risk & Controls with compliance and the 1st line risk team.
Wat we bieden
What we offer you
An inspiring work cultureThe most important thing about working with us is that you are part of community that is changing the world for the better. We are constantly improving our work culture to create conditions where every person can thrive, so you are able to:
- find a sense of meaning in your work
- create positive energy and impact with your co-workers
- build mutual trust and respect in working relationships
- enjoy fulfilment at a professional and personal level
A comfortable working environmentOur award-winning sustainable head office is based in Driebergen-Zeist, the Netherlands at the Reehorst Estate, just a 3 minutes’ walk from the train station. Combined with working from home, it is an inspiring place to work and connect with your colleagues. One of the interesting facts about it is that we can completely take the building apart and move it to a new location.
And of course, great remuneration and working conditions:
- a salary appropriate to the position, our remuneration policy and your experience
- an attractive pension policy
- a mobility card (including free private travels)
- flexible working hours and the opportunity to work from home
- reimbursement of a company bicycle to the max of € 1,500
- 30 holiday days with a 40-hour working week, plus the option of buying 2 weeks of extra holiday days
- extra leave to contribute to voluntary work
- a range of education and training opportunities
- the option to join our collective health insurance
- a working from home allowance per home office day
- suitable home office equipment up to € 750 every 5 years
Sounds interesting?If you feel that you want to make a difference, don’t hesitate to join the Triodos community by applying for this role.
Everyone is welcome and our culture is built with human dignity at its core. We believe in equity and diversity, and we know how valuable everyone’s individual perspectives are. We strive to create an environment in which all co-workers and our broader community can feel safe and included.
The closing date for applications is: 1 March 2024
If the role interests you but you still have some questions, please connect with us. If there are any additional adjustments you may need during the application process, please email: Coen de Winter, Talent Acquisition Expert, via [email protected].
We also don’t want to miss out on candidates who feel they don’t exactly match the job description, so if this is a role that sounds interesting to you, and you feel you could add value, please apply.
Who we areTriodos Bank is a leading expert in sustainable banking, founded in 1980 in the Netherlands, with branches in Belgium, Germany, United Kingdom, and Spain.Triodos Investment Management is a globally recognised leader in impact investing, that currently manages 20 funds invested in both Europe and emerging markets.Triodos Regenerative Money Centre is our business unit launched in 2019 with the explicit goal of restoring and regenerating nature and society.We are a certified B Corp since 2015. B Corp is a growing global community of successful and sustainable companies that create positive social impact and change.We are also one of the founders of The Global Alliance for Banking on Values, a global network of independent banks using finance to deliver sustainable economic, social, and environmental development.
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.
13 februari 2024