Do you want to make a difference and contribute to creating a better world? Are you interested in developing your skills and knowledge, while putting your ideals to work? Join us, we are a frontrunner in ethical banking and global impact investing, and we need people like you to make change happen.
We believe that money can change the world for the better. In fact, our organisation was founded on this belief. Our mission is to create a society that protects and promotes the quality of life of all its members with human dignity at its core.
Follow your heart. Use your head.
Money always sets something into motion. At Triodos Bank, with circa 1.700 co-workers, we are making money work for positive societal change. Inspired by this mission, for almost 40 years we have been financing businesses, organisations and projects that seek to achieve positive change in societal, ecological and cultural domains. We are enabled to do so by savers and investors who wish to contribute to an honest, sustainable and humane society. We only invest in the real economy and do not trade in complex financial products. We furthermore make a point of knowing all the sustainable entrepreneurs that choose to bank with us.
People make the difference: at Triodos Bank we are very aware of this. Together we actively contribute to a sustainable society, and this obviously starts with our co-workers. Several regular moments of reflection and our systematic attention for personal development help ensure that we can make that difference together. We keep each other focused and are all dedicated to the Triodos Bank mission.
Our head office is in Driebergen-Zeist and is a modern and green workplace. If you travel in a sustainable manner and commute to office using public transport, then we will fully remunerate your commuter expenses. This is one way of contributing to a healthier environment, together.
In 2022 and 2023, we have started the transformation of our organization to a One Bank operating model. For KYC & FC this means moving towards an integrated organization design focused on uniform and efficient processes, single points of responsibility for the group, improve the quality of our processes and ensure continuity throughout the whole group.
We are looking for a professional who is eager to take on the challenge of
KYC & FC Procedures Specialist (Liaison NL) (0,8 – 1 FTE)
How you will make a difference
In this role, you will be part of a team of KYC & FC specialists from multiple countries, who are collectively responsible for ensuring the development and implementation of the group KYC & Financial Crime procedures.
This role is part of a team of international KYC & FC Specialists, currently we are looking for someone with local knowledge and experience for the Netherlands. You should be able to transfer your knowledge on legislation, regulations and guidelines in the field of KYC & FC into clear and risk-based guidance, while keeping our customers at the center of attention.
What’s your focus:
- Developing and iteratively refining Group KYC & FC procedures, with a focus on ensuring accurate and ongoing integration of the Dutch regulatory framework
- Implementation of the KYC & FC procedures in the broadest form, e.g. updating and improving working instructions, providing specialist advice and guidance on the application of procedures, resolving queries and issues, collaborating with our Software teams on the KYC&FC input that is needed for IT development
- You drive broad collaboration and alignment across the Triodos organization within and outside of your department. This is to provide guidance and support from a Dutch perspective, without losing oversight of our one-bank mindset
- Your stakeholder management skills are exceptional. You are the spider in the web, connecting NL operational teams, local and group Compliance, ORM, Legal, the IT Teams, and various other relevant parties
- Act as a team player, by being a knowledge owner on KYC &FC within the Netherlands, but also considering the other stakeholders. We expect a risk-based mindset and being able to quickly oversee the operational impact or changes needed
- You work together with the other KYC & FC Procedures and Implementation Specialists, but also form a team of Process, Procedures and Training Specialists, with which you closely collaborate
- You possess a long-term vision of the field of KYC & FC and a comprehensive understanding of market and regulatory developments. You are capable to effectively align short term decisions and initiatives with long term targets and evolving developments
What will you bring?
Your unique potential and your values matter for us most. We look for people who are self-aware and who think in a holistic way, always conscious about their impact on society, environment, and the economy.
You are committed to the mission and values of Triodos Bank. You are an expert in the field of KYC & FC laws, regulations, and guidelines, and able to quickly transfer these into clear and risk-based procedures that benefits our operational teams groupwide. You are a team player with strong stakeholder skills to liaise with the other specialists, as well as IT, legal, compliance and our (local) operational and management teams.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- A flexible mindset and the seniority and capability to prioritize the diverse tasks, you can effectively communicate these priorities to the relevant stakeholders
- Profound knowledge of, and experience with local and European regulatory landscape
- Preferably a Bachelor or Master’s degree, or equivalent working experience
- (Willingness to obtain) Certifications that demonstrate profound knowledge in the field of KYC & Financial Crime (e.g. ACAMS / ICA)
- Demonstrable experience in developing and implementing procedures in the KYC & FC field and experience in implementing local requirements
- Driving broad collaboration by using your excellent communication and teamwork skills to liaise with internal and external stakeholders
- Proficiency in English and Dutch
- Demonstrable affinity with the mission and values of Triodos Bank
The teamThe overall KYC & FC Centre of Expertise (CoE) is organised at group level. You will report into the Team lead Procedures, Processes & Training. In your day-to-day work, you will closely cooperate with the other KYC & FC specialists, (local) operations, IT, ORM, Legal and compliance.
Wat we bieden
What we offer you
An inspiring work cultureThe most important thing about working with us is that you are part of community that is changing the world for the better. We are constantly improving our work culture to create conditions where every person can thrive, so you are able to:
- find a sense of meaning in your work
- create positive energy and impact with your co-workers
- build mutual trust and respect in working relationships
- enjoy fulfilment at a professional and personal level
A comfortable working environmentOur award-winning sustainable head office is based in Driebergen-Zeist, the Netherlands at the Reehorst Estate, just a 3 minutes’ walk from the train station. Combined with working from home, it is an inspiring place to work and connect with your colleagues. One of the interesting facts about it is that we can completely take the building apart and move it to a new location.
And of course, great remuneration and working conditions
- a salary appropriate to the position, our remuneration policy and your experience
- an attractive pension policy
- a mobility card (including free private travels)
- flexible working hours and the opportunity to work from home
- reimbursement of a company bicycle to the max of € 1,500
- 30 holiday days with a 40-hour working week, plus the option of buying 2 weeks of extra holiday days
- extra leave to contribute to voluntary work
- a range of education and training opportunities
- the option to join our collective health insurance
- a working from home allowance per home office day
- suitable home office equipment up to € 750 every 5 years
Sounds interesting?If you feel that you want to make a difference, don’t hesitate to join the Triodos community by applying for this role.
Everyone is welcome and our culture is built with human dignity at its core. We believe in equity and diversity, and we know how valuable everyone’s individual perspectives are. We strive to create an environment in which all co-workers and our broader community can feel safe and included.
The closing date for applications is: March 1st, 2024
If the role interests you but you still have some questions, please connect with us. If there are any additional adjustments you may need during the application process, please email: Coen de Winter, Talent Acquisition Expert, via email [email protected].
We also don’t want to miss out on candidates who feel they don’t exactly match the job description, so if this is a role that sounds interesting to you, and you feel you could add value, please apply
Who we areTriodos Bank is a leading expert in sustainable banking, founded in 1980 in the Netherlands, with branches in Belgium, Germany, United Kingdom, and Spain.Triodos Investment Management is a globally recognised leader in impact investing, that currently manages 20 funds invested in both Europe and emerging markets.Triodos Regenerative Money Centre is our business unit launched in 2019 with the explicit goal of restoring and regenerating nature and society.We are a certified B Corp since 2015. B Corp is a growing global community of successful and sustainable companies that create positive social impact and change.We are also one of the founders of The Global Alliance for Banking on Values, a global network of independent banks using finance to deliver sustainable economic, social, and environmental development.
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.
13 februari 2024