Triodos IM is looking for an Impact Specialist to advance our impact measurement and management system for our Private Debt & Equity investments, with a focus on Energy & Climate. This position is responsible for the further development and reporting on sustainability and impact, including positive impact and ESG risk analysis, sustainability regulation compliance and reporting internally and externally.
(32-40 hours a week)
The Impact Analyst will be part of the Impact & Financial Performance Measurement Team, reporting directly to the Head of Performance Measurement. In addition, you will work closely with the Impact Domain, a cross-functional domain that further develops the Impact Management activities of Triodos IM. You will therefore work closely with the Impact Manager, Fund Managers, Portfolio Analysts and Investment Teams, providing support in the reporting and analysis of different Impact Investment Funds with a primary focus on Energy & Climate.
Impact Monitoring, Analysis and Learning
- Develop data collection tools to support monitoring positive impact according to the fund impact frameworks, along with potential negative impact
- Collaborate with Fund Manager(s) to annually review fund theories of change, impact frameworks and targets based on evaluation of previous impact performance against expectations
- Manage and continuously improve the fund impact frameworks to ensure alignment with the current and future investment strategies, including precise and consistent indicator definitions and data collection methodology
- Contribute to harmonizing and standardizing of impact and financial analysis in the Datawarehouse
- Analyze and report on peer performance, investment opportunities and threats to support strategic planning
- Conduct in-depth analysis of portfolio and impact data, by combining and interpreting quantitative and qualitative data
- Develop and deliver guidance, materials, presentations impact management processes and frameworks
- Work with Impact Manager, Fund Manager, Investment and Marketing teams to produce the annual impact report and SFDR annex to the annual report for assigned fund(s)
- Collaborate with the Performance Analyst(s) to improve regular impact reporting to investors
Impact Integration in Investment Process
- Work with fund managers and investment teams to ensure that impact is sufficiently and consistently covered in the investment process. This includes assessing positive impact potential, minimizing negative impact, meeting Triodos Minimum Standards and capturing sustainability risks
- Further develop our processes to integrate the considerations, evidencing and reporting required to comply with sustainability regulations such as the EU Taxonomy and Sustainable Finance Disclosure Regulation (SFDR)
- Support the investment team on specific deals on an as-needed basis, especially deals considered to be high environmental or social risk
- Ensure that engagement topics are identified up front and in line with engagement strategy, set up and monitored
The position requires
- At least a bachelor’s degree, preferably in Sustainability, Sustainable Finance, Sustainable Development, Business Administration, Economics, or Econometrics
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant working experience in Impact Investing and/or Impact Measurement and Management, preferably in private debt and equity
- Experience in analyzing and monitoring impact and sustainability-related indicators in at least one of the five transition themes, with a preference for knowledge in the Energy & Climate sector
- Knowledge of and exposure to networks and initiatives relating to impact and sustainability-related investments
- Experience in renewable energy, agriculture, forestry or nature restoration, or in the most pertinent environmental and social themes in these sectors (e.g. stakeholder engagement, land rights, supply chain management, biodiversity, Operational Health and Safety, E&S management among others) is a plus
- Strong knowledge and experience of Excel is a hard prerequisite, interest / affinity with building dashboards and automating reports is preferred
- Strong writing and presentation skills, in English at native/near native level (Dutch is not required)
- Applicants must be nationals of a European member state or have a valid work permit for the EU
This is you
- A demonstrable personal connection with sustainability, strong motivation to advance impact measurement and management, and alignment with the values and mission of Triodos Bank.
- You have relevant knowledge of developments on environmental and social risk management as well as impact management in general and an ability to translate such insights to improve daily practice.
- You are resourceful when it comes to collecting data, are knowledgeable about (codeveloping) relevant industry standards and innovations and know to make this meaningful for our investment teams, investment companies and investors.
- Strong analytical, modelling and reporting skills and a quantitative orientation with the ability to work with complex data structures.
- Enjoys working with datasets and producing relevant financial and impact reports.
- Good social and communication skills and proactive attitude.
- You are able to both act independently and work with others from various teams, managing different responsibilities.
Over onze organisatie
Welcome at Triodos IM
Do you want to be part of an organization that has as mission to make money work for positive social, environmental and cultural change? Money has the power to get things done.
Triodos IM is a globally recognised leader in impact investing. Triodos IM currently manages 12+ funds invested in both Europe and emerging markets. Over the years the business has grown to EUR 6.1 billion. This growth is the result of Triodos IM’s deep market sector insights and knowledge in combination with the sustainability objectives and commitment of our partners. We work with around 220 co-workers; diversity is key which is mirrored in an international group of people where authenticity is valued.
We have an open, non-hierarchical and transparent corporate culture. We prioritise professional and personal growth and believe in education and training on the job. The formal language is English. More information? See https://www.triodos-im.com
Wat we bieden
LocationOur award-winning sustainable office is based in Driebergen-Rijsenburg, the Netherlands at the Reehorst Estate, just 3 minutes’ walk from the train station.
RemunerationImpact on society is the number one priority, both for us and for you. Our employment conditions reflect this vision. This includes:
- a salary appropriate to the position, our remuneration policy and your capabilities.
- an attractive pension policy.
- if you use public transport for commuting, you can use the mobility card for free private travels as well.
- flexible working hours and the opportunity to work from home.
- reimbursement under our company bicycle cheme to a max of € 1,500.
- 30 holiday days with a 40-hour working week, plus the option of buying 2 weeks of extra holiday days.
- extra leave to participate in voluntary work.
- a range of education and training opportunities.
- the option to join our collective health insurance.
- a working from home allowance per home office day.
- health and safety equipment of € 750 every 5 years.
For more information about this position, please contact Melinda Lemmens-Wouters (Head of Performance Measurement) via email [email protected].Please send in your application before 2 October via the apply button to the attention of Ilona van der Sluis, Recruiter. Applications via e-mail or LinkedIn will not be processed. We would like to get in touch with you!
We reserve the right to close the vacancy earlier if there are enough good candidates.
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.
Triodos Investment Management
18 september 2023