Always wanted to work within an impact driven, high paced environment? Do you have an intrinsic motivation to always keep investigating to acquire a profound understanding of companies, their financials and the markets they are active in? Are you pro-active with an entrepreneurial mind-set, and a heart for our planet? The Triodos Energy Transition Europe fund is growing and looking for an experienced and energetic team player to take a key role in the next phase.
As Investment Manager you will be part of a unique impact investing fund in the energy transition with a long-term focus in an evergreen structure. Triodos Energy Transition Europe Fund aims to limit the consequences of climate change by increasing the share of clean energy in the total energy mix and reducing CO2 emissions. The fund mainly acts as an equity partner for companies that generate renewable energy, improve energy efficiency and/or offer energy flexibility. The fund also invests directly in renewable energy projects. The team consists of a head, 5 investment managers and an investment associate working closely together across pipeline and investments.
Your main activities and responsibilities:
In this role you will play an important part in the team in sourcing, structuring, execution and managing of complex equity transactions.
- Evaluate and develop investment opportunities that fit with the strategy of the fund through active relationship management with existing and new partners
- Take responsibility for the investment process, hands on, from lead generation to closing, and potential exits
- Managing of the fund’s equity participations and subordinated debt positions
- Take actions to optimise the value of investments in the portfolio(s), applying best practice and procurement efficiencies;
- Conduct deep dive analysis into new target markets to broaden the investment portfolio
This is you:
You have a strong analytical background and a keen interest in the energy transition. You are willing to build extensive knowledge on the energy transition beyond traditional wind and solar. You are comfortable working in an international environment. Within a team you are delivering on an agreed timeline through quality assurance, coordination and where necessary a deep dive. You have affinity and personal connection with the mission and values of Triodos Bank as well as the capacity to communicate these and translate them into daily activities.
- 6+ years relevant growth capital and/or project finance experience, preferably in energy markets
- Proven track record in equity transaction
- Flexible, pragmatic, solution-oriented and has a “can-do” mentality
- Strong analytical, presentation, and negotiating skills
- Good understanding of financial modelling, governance structures and project contracting
- Willingness to travel in Europe on a regular basis
- Fluent in English (orally and in writing); knowledge of other European languages is an advantage
- MSc degree in a relevant scientific field (Business Economics, Engineering or Corporate finance)
Over onze organisatie
Welcome at Triodos IM
Do you want to be part of an organization that has as mission to make money work for positive social, environmental and cultural change? Money has the power to get things done.
Triodos IM is a globally recognised leader in impact investing. Triodos IM currently manages 12+ funds invested in both Europe and emerging markets. Over the years the business has grown to EUR 6.1 billion. This growth is the result of Triodos IM’s deep market sector insights and knowledge in combination with the sustainability objectives and commitment of our partners. We work with around 220 co-workers; diversity is key which is mirrored in an international group of people where authenticity is valued.
We have an open, non-hierarchical and transparent corporate culture. We prioritise professional and personal growth and believe in education and training on the job. The formal language is English. More information? See https://www.triodos-im.com
Wat we bieden
LocationThe award-winning sustainable office is based in Driebergen-Zeist, the Netherlands at the Estate Reehorst, just 3 minutes’ walk from the train station.
RemunerationImpact on society is the number one priority, both for us and for you. Our employment conditions reflect this vision. This includes:
- a salary appropriate to the position, our remuneration policy and your capabilities.
- an attractive pension policy.
- if you use public transport for commuting, you can use the mobility card for free private travels as well.
- flexible working hours and the opportunity to work from home.
- reimbursement of a company bicycle to the max of € 1,500.
- 30 holiday days with a 40-hour working week, plus the option of buying 2 weeks of extra holiday days.
- extra leave to contribute to voluntary work.
- a range of education and training opportunities.
- the option to join our collective health insurance.
- a working from home allowance per home office day.
- health and safety equipment of € 750 every 5 years.
For more information about this position, please contact Sonja de Ruiter, Head of Investments - Project Equity via email [email protected]Please send in your application (including motivation letter) via the apply button to the attention of Sonja de Ruiter, Head of Investments - Project Equity. Applications via e-mail or LinkedIn will not be processed.
We reserve the right to close the vacancy earlier if there are enough good candidates.
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.
Triodos Investment Management
15 september 2023