Internship ESG impact related topics for the Group Procurement (GP) Department
Triodos Head Office
3 mei 2023
Triodos Bank stands for innovative banking. Savings customers and investors know what happens to their money. For 30 years, the bank has been pursuing an active policy regarding the development of renewable energy sources (solar, wind and biomass), organic farming, art and culture, health care, nature and environmental protection and development cooperation.
For Group Procurement we are looking for an
intern (“meewerk stage”) for at least 24 hours a week.
The Group Procurement department deals with all procurement and supplier aspects of Triodos. Think of “make or buy” models, supplier selection, negotiations, contracting, building supplier relationships and establishing the groupwide procurement and outsourcing policy. We work in close cooperation with the responsible business lines where we jointly also look at the long-term aspects. We work for all parts of the group, in all countries: Belgium, Germany, Spain, the United Kingdom and the Netherlands. So, a wide spectrum of activities and, if you ask us, we think we are the greatest department of Triodos!
Explanation Internship Assignment
You will be actively working within the GP Department on the following topics:
- To conduct your own research regarding sustainable supply chain management.
- Assist the department in implementing a Supplier code of Conduct.
- Assist the department in integrating ESG risks into the existing risk assessments procedures.
- Assist the department in starting a Request for Proposal for a new vendor who is going to assist in collecting ESG impact, performance and risk data from our suppliers.
- Assist the department staying up to date on the current and expected legislation regarding sustainability aspects from both an EU a local perspective.
GP is looking forward to your advice and recommendations for further integrating sustainability in our supplier strategy. We give you a lot of room for your own input. We strongly welcome good ideas to radically improve processes!
Based on brainstorming sessions, interviews and systematic research, you will investigate where the most improvement can be expected and then, together with colleagues from Group Procurement and the business, you will test the ideas and improve processes. This allows you to immediately see the effect of your work.
We give you a lot of room for your own input. We strongly welcome good ideas to radically improve processes!
What we expect from you
- That you feel personally connected to Triodos Bank's mission.
- A motivation letter in which you describe why you want to do an internship at Triodos Bank.
- A resume that states what your work experience is so far.
- Good oral and written expression skills in Dutch & English.
- That you are registered with a study programme in the Netherlands or abroad.
For graduation interns
- We would like to receive a clear description of the (concept) research question that you want to tackle.
What can you expect from us?
- A dynamic learning environment with enthusiastic colleagues.
- A challenging internship with many opportunities to develop yourself.
- A permanent mentor for your guidance.
- Intern lunches with speakers from the couch.
- A research group for graduation interns.
- Fun outings which are organized by Young Triodos.
Over onze organisatie
Follow your heart. Use your head.
Money always sets something into motion. At Triodos Bank, with our around 1,700 co-workers, we are making money work for positive societal change. Inspired by this mission, for more than 40 years we have been financing businesses, organisations and projects that seek to achieve positive change in societal, ecological and cultural domains. We are enabled to do so by savers and investors who wish to contribute to an honest, sustainable and humane society. We only invest in the real economy and do not trade in complex financial products. We furthermore make a point of knowing all the sustainable entrepreneurs that choose to bank with us.
People make the difference: at Triodos Bank we are very aware of this. Together we actively contribute to a sustainable society, and this obviously starts with our co-workers. Several regular moments of reflection and our systematic attention for personal development help ensure that we can make that difference together. We keep each other focused and are all dedicated to the Triodos Bank mission.
Wat we bieden
LocationThe award-winning sustainable office is based in Driebergen-Zeist, the Netherlands at the Estate Reehorst, just 3 minutes’ walk from the train station.
You will be executing your activities partly from home - we work hybrid - by use of a Triodos laptop.
What you can expect from us:
- A dynamic learning environment with enthusiastic co-workers.
- A challenging internship with many possibilities to develop yourself.
- A permanent mentor to help and coach you.
- Internship fee up to EUR 500,- (based on 40 hours).
- Intern lunches with lectures given by co-workers.
- A research group for research/graduate interns.
- Fun outings, organised by Young Triodos.
Want to join our team?
Please send in your application to the attention of Peter Ligtvoet via the apply button. Applications via e-mail or LinkedIn will not be processed. We would like to get in touch with you!
Triodos Head Office
3 mei 2023