Java developer Support team
9 maart 2023
To strengthen the Support Team within our Software Solutions department, we are looking for a
Java developer Support team(32 - 40 h/wk)
Do you like technical puzzles and total control?
Within the Software Solutions department at Triodos Head Office (SoSo) we have in total 23 (scrum) teams working in functional domains. We build and maintain the mobile app and the core banking system, including Internet Banking.
The main activities of the SoSo Support team are:
- Analysing and resolving production incidents in our core banking system and/or the interfaces with the outside world.
- Executing service requests, often via (complex) SQL to create, read, update or delete production data.
- Build & release management of new (hotfix) releases (with the exception of the mobile app).
- Long Term Maintenance that is not performed by one of the other (scrum) teams in the domains (usually more technical in nature).
This position offers a great insight into our "kitchen", where you see a lot of our codebase and a lot of the application landscape. You also gain huge knowledge & experience of the underlying business processes and the data model. But please be aware: don't expect to write a lot of code or build a lot of new functionality, this is primary the focus of the (scrum) teams working for the domains.
The SoSo Support team is one of the 24 teams and consists of 4 Support Engineers (Software Developers) and 3 Test Engineers (Software Testers) who are also responsible for release & deployment management.
- Estimate the priority of your work, including a risk analysis of new incidents.
- Work closely / align with the business in a timely manner.
- Fix the incident or the service request as best as possible within the set time limits.
- Proactively seek help if you can't figure it out on your own.
- Build permanent solutions for recurring incidents.
This is you:
- You first of all like solving technical puzzles.
- You always aim at the root cause of an incident and try to solve it structurally (if possible).
- You have 3+ years of experience in Java development of business-critical applications.
- You have 3+ years of experience with SQL.
- You can easily distinguish between the essentials and the side issues.
- You don't easily get stressed. You can easily switch between different tasks.
- You can plan and oversee your work very well.
- You are a team player, but also able to work independently.
- You are always looking for ways to improve your skills in both technology, communication and team collaboration.
- You have a sharp mind and pragmatic attitude. You find practical and elegant solutions to complex problems.
- You take initiative and you understand which decisions you can make yourself and when you need to consult with a colleague.
- Your way of working is based on mutual respect. You can easily get things done and involve your colleagues in what you want to achieve.
This is complemented by:
- Higher education level in IT.
- Excellent communication skills in Dutch and English.
- No 9-5 mentality: you go the extra mile if needed.
- Experience with the Agile way of working and Kanban (pre).
- Experience with Idea, Git and TeamCity (pre).
- Experience with the HTTP-protocol (pre).
- Experience with Infrastructure, like Linux, Jboss and firewalls (pre).
Over onze organisatie
Follow your heart. Use your head.
Money always sets things into motion. At Triodos Bank, with our 1,700 co-workers, we are making money work for positive societal change. Inspired by this mission, for 40 years we have been financing businesses, organisations and projects that seek to achieve positive change in societal, environmental and cultural domains. We are enabled to do so by our customers and investors who wish to contribute to sustainable, fair and humane society. We only invest in the real economy and do not trade in complex financial products. Furthermore we make a point of knowing all the sustainable entrepreneurs that choose to bank with us.
People make the difference: we at Triodos Bank know that all too well. Together we actively contribute to a sustainable society and this starts of course with our co-workers. Several regular moments of reflection and our systematic attention for personal development help ensure that we can make that difference together. We keep each other focused and are all dedicated to the Triodos Bank mission.
Wat we bieden
LocationOur award-winning sustainable office is based in Driebergen-Zeist, the Netherlands at the Reehorst Estate, just 3 minutes’ walk from the train station.
RemunerationImpact on society is the number one priority, both for us and for you. Our employment conditions reflect this vision. This includes:
- a salary appropriate to the position, our remuneration policy and your capabilities.
- an attractive pension policy.
- if you use public transport for commuting, you can use the mobility card for free private travels as well.
- flexible working hours and the opportunity to work from home.
- reimbursement under our company bicycle cheme to a max of € 1,500.
- 30 holiday days with a 40-hour working week, plus the option of buying 2 weeks of extra holiday days.
- extra leave to participate in voluntary work.
- a range of education and training opportunities.
- the option to join our collective health insurance.
- a working from home allowance per home office day.
- health and safety equipment of € 750 every 5 years.
For more information about this position, please contact Arjan Kok (Teamlead) via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please send in your application via the apply button before April 1st to the attention of Coen de Winter, Recruiter. Applications via e-mail or LinkedIn will not be processed. We would like to get in touch with you!
We reserve the right to close the vacancy earlier if there are enough good candidates. Furthermore, we prioritize internal candidates.
Acquisition as a result of this vacancy is not appreciated.
9 maart 2023