Head of KYC and Financial Crime (32 - 40h/wk)
The KYC team of Triodos IM has worked with an interim Head of KYC. A strong Roadmap has been developed, which is now being implemented. A new risk methodology has been implemented together with sophisticated KYC tooling which includes daily screening. The team of KYC analysts has been extended and QR and Expert added. The time is now to attract a permanent full time Head of KYC. This is an attractive position for a seasoned KYC manager, in an organisation that focuses exclusively on sustainable clients operating internationally (Europe and emerging markets).
In this position you are responsible for:
· Manage and coordinate the implementation of the KYC & Financial Crime Maturity roadmap/structural plan for IPDE with its Dutch and Luxembourg funds under management.
· Managing the KYC team, for the daily RUN business (priority setting, CDD risk acceptance together with CDD Investment Committee, etc)
· Coordinating the implementation of the plan for processing CDD review backlog.
· Addressing various Triodos IM Management Board and/or Head Office requests, including reporting on monitoring of remediation plans.
· Support the ongoing forming of a compliant, solid, mature, risk-based, efficiently, and effectively functioning KYC & Financial Crime approach for Triodos IM IPD&E, in collaboration with other Triodos Bank branches and KYC HO, via a standardized, centralized set-up of KYC & Financial Crime activities .
· Increase the in-control level on KYC & Financial Crime via monitoring and improving the local business run and remediation activities.
· Assist with the development & implementation of the KYC & Financial Crime group framework (standardized models, processes, procedures, and systems based on Financial Crime policies), where applicable for Triodos IM. This in close cooperation with KYC/CDD Expert and the Compliance department.
The KYC & Financial Crime team consists of a Head of KYC, a KYC Expert and seven KYC analysts (incl QR) of various nationalities, with expertise on KYC in Europe and emerging markets for different instruments: debt, equity, project finance, venture capital, AB loans, etc.
Together with the team you are responsible for the backlog, create a healthy, manageable work load, knowledge sharing and inspiring future view on the CDD/KYC discipline for the team and the broader organisation of Triodos IM.
A number of external analysts for processing (part of the) review backlog will be temporarily added to the team as well.
You report to the Director Impact Private Debt & Equity. And closely cooperate with the investment teams, the Chair of the IC and Compliance.
This is you
You are a knowledgeable manager within the KYC & Financial Crime field. You can manage and drive Triodos IM to a matured, financial crime framework and execution for its Impact Private Debt & Equity (IPD&E) department, based on your in-depth experience in this field combined with a passion in building and managing KYC teams and coach its members to the next maturity level.
Senior KYC analist experience, with the competence to provide 4-eye check is required, to coach other team members and be the backup if needed.
This is complemented by:
· Good connection to Triodos mission and the motivation to create a positive change.
· More than 5 years’ experience in KYC and Financial Crime within the financial service industry, preferably with an asset manager and focusing on (wholesale) businesses. Experience with KYC in emerging markets is a prerequisite.
· The ability to manage the implementation of and contribution to a roadmap towards a more centralized/joint approach in people and processes within KYC & Financial Crime in Triodos.
· Experienced people managing skills: eye for what is needed in a specific situation.
· Being a critical and strategic thinker with an academic background, strong analytical capacities and process skills. Being able to prioritize actions.
· Proven business partner with a strong judgment and an excellent problem-solving orientation, being able to quickly switch from abstract to details.
· Proven ability to gain credibility and trust at all (and senior) levels across the organisation based upon expertise and building relations.
· Ability to collaborate effectively with different stakeholders: investment teams, Chair of the CDD IC, the investment teams, Compliance and group KYC.
· Excellent communication and presentation skills, verbal and written, in English.
Over onze organisatie
Welcome at Triodos IM
Do you want to be part of an organization that has as mission to make money work for positive social, environmental and cultural change? Money has the power to get things done.
Triodos IM is a globally recognised leader in impact investing. Triodos IM currently manages 12+ funds invested in both Europe and emerging markets. Over the years the business has grown to EUR 6.1 billion. This growth is the result of Triodos IM’s deep market sector insights and knowledge in combination with the sustainability objectives and commitment of our partners. We work with around 220 co-workers; diversity is key which is mirrored in an international group of people where authenticity is valued.
We have an open, non-hierarchical and transparent corporate culture. We prioritise professional and personal growth and believe in education and training on the job. The formal language is English. More information? See https://www.triodos-im.com
Wat we bieden
LocationThe award-winning sustainable office is based in Driebergen-Zeist, the Netherlands at the Estate Reehorst, just 3 minutes’ walk from the train station.
RemunerationImpact on society is the number one priority, both for us and for you. Our employment conditions reflect this vision. This includes:
- a salary appropriate to the position, our remuneration policy and your capabilities.
- an attractive pension policy.
- if you use public transport for commuting, you can use the mobility card for free private travels as well.
- flexible working hours and the opportunity to work from home.
- reimbursement of a company bicycle to the max of € 1,500.
- 30 holiday days with a 40-hour working week, plus the option of buying 2 weeks of extra holiday days.
- extra leave to contribute to voluntary work.
- a range of education and training opportunities.
- the option to join our collective health insurance.
- a working from home allowance per home office day.
- health and safety equipment of € 750 every 5 years.
For more information about this position, please contact Arun Ramkhelawan (Recruiter) via email: email@example.com.
Please send in your application (including motivation letter) via the apply button before 5-12-2022 to the attention of Arun Ramkhelawan (Recruiter) . Applications via e-mail or LinkedIn will not be processed.
1st interview week of Dec 52nd and 3rd interview Dec 12
Triodos Investment Management
16 november 2022