To support our desire to make an impact with our app, we are looking for a mission driven
Android developer (32 - 40 hours)
Building the sustainable bank in your pocket
We are currently working on several major projects to improve our mobile app. Our ambition is to have an app that allows our customers not just to do their daily banking with ease, but also to get insights on the impact of how they spend their money. This involves a migration to native technology and adding new “impact” features. You’ll be closely collaborating within your own Scrum team and also with the other teams in our mobile domain and teams of other domains. Teams autonomously deliver features, all the way from understanding what’s needed to deploying a new version to the app store.
To deliver high quality software with high frequency we value clean code, a solid architecture and design for test. We use MVVM and Kotlin and rely on TeamCity for our CI/CD pipeline. Testing is done with Junit and Espresso. Our API is generated for both iOS and Android. We don’t use third-party social SDK’s as we like to keep big tech out of our app.
We offer you an environment where you collaborate with and learn from other Android developers.
This is you
- You have at least 1-2 years of experience developing Android apps.
- You have some experience with a part of our tech stack.
- You always cover your code with unit tests and have experience with UI tests.
- You enjoy building screens and thinking about end user experience.
- You keep yourself up to date with the latest developments around Kotlin and the Android ecosystem.
- You are always looking for ways to improve your skills in both technology and team collaboration.
- You have a sharp mind and pragmatic attitude. You value keeping it (stupid) simple.
- You take initiative and you understand which decisions you can make yourself and when you need to consult with another experienced developer or software architect.
- Your way of working is based on mutual respect. You can easily get things done and involve your colleagues in what you want to achieve.
- Experience with build tools, build configurations and project modularization.
- Experience with coroutines.
- Knowledge of jetpack compose.
- Dutch speaking
You are going to work in the App domain, currently consisting of 4 development teams working in native technologies (Android and iOS). Each team has 3 Android developers, 3 iOS developer, a tester and a product owner. You’ll be closely working together on the features in the app and align your work with the iOS devs and other teams. Knowledge sharing is one of our team values.
Every two weeks all the Android developers come together in the Android chapter to share ideas on how to move forward with the Android app, share best practices and discuss improvements for the architecture and design of the app.
We currently have a hybrid app that is a combination of native script technology and native technology. Our ambition is to move to a completely native app.
Over onze organisatie
Follow your heart. Use your head.
Money always sets things into motion. At Triodos Bank, with our 1,700 co-workers, we are making money work for positive societal change. Inspired by this mission, for 40 years we have been financing businesses, organisations and projects that seek to achieve positive change in societal, environmental and cultural domains. We are enabled to do so by our customers and investors who wish to contribute to sustainable, fair and humane society. We only invest in the real economy and do not trade in complex financial products. Furthermore we make a point of knowing all the sustainable entrepreneurs that choose to bank with us.
People make the difference: we at Triodos Bank know that all too well. Together we actively contribute to a sustainable society and this starts of course with our co-workers. Several regular moments of reflection and our systematic attention for personal development help ensure that we can make that difference together. We keep each other focused and are all dedicated to the Triodos Bank mission.
Wat we bieden
LocationOur award-winning sustainable office is based in Driebergen-Zeist, the Netherlands at the Reehorst Estate, just 3 minutes’ walk from the train station.
RemunerationImpact on society is the number one priority, both for us and for you. Our employment conditions reflect this vision. This includes:
- a salary appropriate to the position, our remuneration policy and your capabilities.
- an attractive pension policy.
- if you use public transport for commuting, you can use the mobility card for free private travels as well.
- flexible working hours and the opportunity to work from home.
- reimbursement under our company bicycle cheme to a max of € 1,500.
- 30 holiday days with a 40-hour working week, plus the option of buying 2 weeks of extra holiday days.
- extra leave to participate in voluntary work.
- a range of education and training opportunities.
- the option to join our collective health insurance.
- a working from home allowance per home office day.
- health and safety equipment of € 750 every 5 years.
For more information about this position, please contact Michiel Rutteman (Team Lead) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please send in your application via the apply button to the attention of Arun Ramkhelawan, Recruiter. Applications via e-mail or LinkedIn will not be processed. We would like to get in touch with you!
Triodos Head Office
16 november 2022