Always wanted to work within an impact driven, high paced environment with client contact early on? Do you have an intrinsic motivation to always keep investigating to acquire a profound understanding of companies, their financials and the markets they are active in? Are you pro-active with an entrepreneurial mind-set, and a heart for our planet? The Triodos Energy Transition Europe fund is growing and looking for an experienced and energetic team player to take a key role in the next phase.
Junior Investment Manager Triodos Energy Transition Europe Fund
(36 – 40 hours a week)
As Junior Investment Manager you will be part of a unique impact investing fund in the energy transition with a long-term focus in an evergreen structure. Triodos Energy Transition Europe Fund aims to limit the consequences of climate change by increasing the share of clean energy in the total energy mix and reducing CO2 emissions. The fund mainly acts as an equity partner for companies that generate renewable energy, improve energy efficiency and/or offer energy flexibility. The fund also invests directly in renewable energy projects. The team consists of a fund manager, 6 investment managers and an internal account manager working closely together across pipeline and portfolio management.
The position covers a wide range of tasks and responsibilities.
In this role you will play an important part in the team in the structuring, execution and managing of complex equity transactions.
- Being part of a deal team within a transaction driven and high paced environment;
- Source high quality prospective investments through focused research in emerging segments of our industry;
- Assessing investment opportunities including (i) validation of business models, (ii) preparation of complex financial models, (iii) writing investment proposals and (iv) coordinating approval processes;
- Perform due diligence: gather market input, conduct reference calls, evaluate technical and financial aspects of investment opportunities;
- Managing of the fund’s equity participations and subordinated debt positions;
- Preparing pitches and presentations, market analyses, financial analyses, and portfolio reporting
This is you
You have a strong analytical background and a keen interest in the energy transition. You understand developments in the energy transition beyond traditional wind and solar. You are comfortable working in an international environment. Within a team you are delivering on an agreed timeline through quality assurance, coordination and where necessary a deep dive. You have affinity and personal connection with the mission and values of Triodos Bank as well as the capacity to communicate these and translate them into daily activities.
- 3 years’ work experience in a fast-paced result driven environment (e.g. consulting, energy industry or finance);
- Numerical and analytical skills, with financial modelling experience;
- Excel skills with sound understanding of financial modelling and valuation concepts;
- Analytical mindset with outstanding communication skills and great attention to detail;
- Eager to learn, apply new knowledge and willing to walk the extra mile;
- Fluent in English (orally and in writing); knowledge of other languages (Dutch, German, Spanish, French) is an advantage;
- BSc or MSc degree in a relevant scientific field (Business Economics, Engineering or Corporate finance).
Over onze organisatie
Welcome at Triodos IM
Do you want to be part of an organization that has as mission to make money work for positive social, environmental and cultural change? Money has the power to get things done.
Triodos IM is a globally recognised leader in impact investing. Triodos IM currently manages 12+ funds invested in both Europe and emerging markets. Over the years the business has grown to EUR 6.1 billion. This growth is the result of Triodos IM’s deep market sector insights and knowledge in combination with the sustainability objectives and commitment of our partners. We work with around 220 co-workers; diversity is key which is mirrored in an international group of people where authenticity is valued.
We have an open, non-hierarchical and transparent corporate culture. We prioritise professional and personal growth and believe in education and training on the job. The formal language is English. More information? See https://www.triodos-im.com
Wat we bieden
LocationThe award-winning sustainable office is based in Driebergen-Zeist, the Netherlands at the Estate Reehorst, just 3 minutes’ walk from the train station.
RemunerationImpact on society is the number one priority, both for us and for you. Our employment conditions reflect this vision. This includes:
- a salary appropriate to the position, our remuneration policy and your capabilities.
- an attractive pension policy.
- if you use public transport for commuting, you can use the mobility card for free private travels as well.
- flexible working hours and the opportunity to work from home.
- reimbursement of a company bicycle to the max of € 1,500.
- 30 holiday days with a 40-hour working week, plus the option of buying 2 weeks of extra holiday days.
- extra leave to contribute to voluntary work.
- a range of education and training opportunities.
- the option to join our collective health insurance.
- a working from home allowance per home office day.
- health and safety equipment of € 750 every 5 years.
For more information about this position, please contact Sonja de Ruiter, Senior Investment manager via email Sonja.deRuiter@triodos.nl or phone 030-6936529. Or
Dapne Postma, Investment manager via email Daphne.Postma@triodos.
Please send in your application (including motivation letter) via the apply button before 18 November 2022 to the attention of Arun Ramkhelawan, Recruiter. Applications via e-mail or LinkedIn will not be processed.
We reserve the right to close the vacancy earlier if there are enough good candidates.
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.
Triodos Investment Management
15 november 2022