The department for listed Impact Equities & Bonds (IE&B) offers 8 sustainable investment funds to clients ranging from a defensive bond fund to an offensive equity fund and mixes thereof. Sustainability is at the core of everything we do, hence we analyze positive impact and negative exclusion criteria for every publicly listed security that is considered for investment. Within IE&B the research team consists of 10 analysts responsible for selection, research and monitoring of securities. The research team works closely together with the IE&B fund managers for portfolio construction. Our clients are investors in our investment funds, private banking relations and in the near future also institutional investors. To support the ongoing growth in assets under management and the expansion of the products we want to offer to our clients we are looking to hire a:Sustainable Investment Analyst
(32 - 40 hours a week)
In this senior or medior position you will have the opportunity to take a prominent role in the IE&B team of around 25 co-workers. Impact investing in public markets requires thorough analysis, vision and dedication.
The position covers a wide range of tasks and responsibilities. Your focus will be on:
- Generate ideas for impactful investment opportunities in publicly listed securities by meeting with companies, following sector developments, reading research reports, attending investor conferences and talking to industry experts
- Analyse whether potential investments meet our strict Triodos Minimum Standards for sustainability. The thorough sustainability assessment leverages ESG data from data providers, public information and direct contact with investee companies. The analysis includes screening for exclusionary criteria (e.g. fossil fuel involvement), assessment of controversies (e.g. anti-competitive behaviour) and an evaluation of the investee company’s sustainability policies and practices (e.g. strategy for climate change mitigation).
- Combine findings from the sustainability assessment with fundamental company research together with a financial analyst, to assess the impact of sustainability risks and opportunities on the valuation of the equity or bond
- Present and discuss the resulting high-quality written investment cases to our fund managers and other internal and external stakeholders
- As an active, positive impact investor IE&B is involved in continuous dialogues with all companies that are eligible for investment. As an analyst you will be responsible for monitoring a set of companies which includes voting on shareholders meetings, following the company news flow and engaging on financial and sustainability topics
- Develop a network within and outside the financial industry to proactively gain and expand knowledge on sustainability trends. In your role you will be responsible for building expertise on and suggesting improvements to the Triodos Minimum Standards and the Impact Framework to ensure we maintain our frontrunner position
The position requires:
- Excellent ability to communicate verbally and in writing with fund managers, clients, investee companies, research providers and other stakeholders
- Strong analytical skills and basic understanding of fundamental and financial analysis of companies
- An open, eager, team playing attitude with the ability to work independently
- Intrinsic motivation and expertise on ESG topics and research methodologies
- A working attitude that is result-oriented and self-starting
- Curious attitude to discover and deep dive into a new topic and make it your own
This is you:
- Feel personally connected with the mission and values of Triodos Bank and the capacity to communicate these and translate them into daily activities
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant working experience as an ESG oriented research analyst preferably in the financial sector or with a research provider
- Experience in covering the health care industry is desired
- Academic degree in financial, sustainability or other relevant study
- Excellent command of the English language as all research is conducted in English, whereas proficiency in other major European languages could be an advantage
- A valid work permit for the European Union
Over onze organisatie
Welcome at Triodos IM
Do you want to be part of an organization that has as mission to make money work for positive social, environmental and cultural change? Money has the power to get things done.
Triodos IM is a globally recognised leader in impact investing. Triodos IM currently manages 12+ funds invested in both Europe and emerging markets. Over the years the business has grown to EUR 6.1 billion. This growth is the result of Triodos IM’s deep market sector insights and knowledge in combination with the sustainability objectives and commitment of our partners. We work with around 220 co-workers; diversity is key which is mirrored in an international group of people where authenticity is valued.
We have an open, non-hierarchical and transparent corporate culture. We prioritise professional and personal growth and believe in education and training on the job. The formal language is English. More information? See https://www.triodos-im.com
Wat we bieden
LocationThe award-winning sustainable office is based in Driebergen-Zeist, the Netherlands at the Estate Reehorst, just 3 minutes’ walk from the train station.
RemunerationImpact on society is the number one priority, both for us and for you. Our employment conditions reflect this vision. This includes:
- a salary appropriate to the position, our remuneration policy and your capabilities.
- an attractive pension policy.
- if you use public transport for commuting, you can use the mobility card for free private travels as well.
- flexible working hours and the opportunity to work from home.
- reimbursement of a company bicycle to the max of € 1,500.
- 30 holiday days with a 40-hour working week, plus the option of buying 2 weeks of extra holiday days.
- extra leave to contribute to voluntary work.
- a range of education and training opportunities.
- the option to join our collective health insurance.
- a working from home allowance per home office day.
- health and safety equipment of € 750 every 5 years.
For more information about this position, please contact Henk Jonker, Head of Research via email email@example.com
Please send in your application (including motivation letter) via the apply button before 31 May 2022 to the attention of Peter Klessens, Sr HR Advisor. Applications via e-mail or LinkedIn will not be processed.
We reserve the right to close the vacancy earlier if there are enough good candidates.
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.
Triodos Invest Management
13 mei 2022