Internal Control Specialist (32-40 uur)
In Control of our financial, regulatory and impact reporting
Triodos Bank aims to be a frontrunner in transparent reporting, being financial, regulatory and impact reporting. Your goal is to ensure Triodos Bank’s financial, regulatory and impact reporting is correct, complete and on time. You do this by maintaining and improving an Internal Control Framework that sets the standards for adequate financial (IFRS), regulatory (f.e. FINREP, COREP, DGS, Tax) and impact reporting (incl. EU Taxonomy). In addition to maintaining and improving, you guide the testing of the existence and operating effectiveness of the Internal Control Framework and identify and implement process and control improvements. Supporting the implementation of a supporting tool for control evidencing is also part of this role.
Triodos Bank as well as the world in which we operate changes continuously. Our Internal Control Framework needs to be able to adapt rapidly. The continuous changing requirements of for example IFRS, DGS and sustainability reporting requirements from regulations as well as from our own pledges increase the complexity or our work as well as our ambition level for the quality, level of control and efficiency of our reports and processes. Your efforts will support Triodos’ commitments towards transparent reporting and a more sustainable economy and a more just society.
- Use your knowledge of IFRS, regulatory and impact reporting requirements to implement and/or improve the Internal Control Framework and increase the quality and alignment between financial, regulatory and impact reports.
- Strengthen our Internal Control Framework by bringing business and reporting processes and related key controls including their documentation and testing to the next level. Liaise with Operational Risk Management and Internal Audit.
- Co-coordinate control testing on the financial, regulatory and impact reporting processes in close collaboration with our branches and subsidiaries. This includes coordinating internal reviews and liaison with our internal and external auditors in that respect.
- Co-coordinate control testing on the DGS process and implement new requirements, controls and process improvements to the DGS Control Framework.
You are part of Group Finance, which consists of four teams and some individual specialists, amongst others this role. You will closely collaborate with co-workers from Accounting, Financial and Impact Reporting, and Regulatory Reporting.
We have an open, non-hierarchical and transparent corporate culture. At Triodos Head Office, diversity is key which is mirrored in an international group of people where authenticity is valued. We prioritise professional and personal growth and believe in education and training on the job. More information? See https://www.triodos.com
This is you
You are an expert in financial, regulatory and/or non-financial (impact) reporting and related processes and controls. You work and think at University level (MSc) and have strong analytical and abstract thinking skills. You are an innovative, solution-oriented, and analytical thinker with a hands-on mentality. You feel attracted to work in an international, ambitious, and pioneering environment.
You have a positive and open attitude and you feel responsible for achieving goals. You get energy from changes and improvements. You communicate easily, both verbally and in writing, and you look at how you can find or create a common interest. You work accurately and in a structured way, but at the same time you look out-of-the-box for new ways to improve activities and processes.
You are experienced in risk analysis and control implementation and testing. You find it a challenge to use these traits to improve finance processes and help colleagues to improve their way of working.
This is complemented by:
- A master’s degree complemented by the post-graduate certificate Register Accountant (or international equivalent) and a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in the financial sector in Reporting, Control, Audit or similar roles.
- You have a good understanding of Financial Reporting in general. You are familiar with or willing to deepen your understanding of developments in regulatory and impact reporting and in DGS regulations.
- You have experience with Process Improvements and with Internal Control Frameworks and you know how to assess the effectiveness of internal controls.
- A demonstrable personal connection with sustainability, and alignment with the values and mission of Triodos Bank and the role finance plays in the transition towards a more sustainable economy and more just society.
- You are a proactive professional with a strong sense of responsibility and commitment to getting a job done. You are an analytical thinker, work accurately and well organised.
- You can manage conflicting interests and deadlines between various stakeholders. Furthermore, you have excellent coordination, presentation, and communication skills, including a proficient level in English in both speaking and writing. Proficiency in the Dutch language is a plus.
Over onze organisatie
Follow your heart. Use your head.
Money always sets something into motion. At Triodos Bank, with our around 1,700 co-workers, we are making money work for positive societal change. Inspired by this mission, for 40 years we have been financing businesses, organisations and projects that seek to achieve positive change in societal, ecological and cultural domains. We are enabled to do so by savers and investors who wish to contribute to an honest, sustainable and humane society. We only invest in the real economy and do not trade in complex financial products. We furthermore make a point of knowing all the sustainable entrepreneurs that choose to bank with us.
People make the difference: at Triodos Bank we are very aware of this. Together we actively contribute to a sustainable society, and this obviously starts with our co-workers. Several regular moments of reflection and our systematic attention for personal development help ensure that we can make that difference together. We keep each other focused and are all dedicated to the Triodos Bank mission.
Wat we bieden
LocationThe award-winning sustainable office is based in Driebergen-Zeist, the Netherlands at the Estate Reehorst, just 3 minutes’ walk from the train station.
RemunerationImpact on society is the number one priority, both for us and for you. Our employment conditions reflect this vision. This includes:
- a salary appropriate to the position, our remuneration policy and your capabilities.
- an attractive pension policy.
- if you use public transport for commuting, you can use the mobility card for free private travels as well.
- flexible working hours and the opportunity to work from home.
- reimbursement of a company bicycle to the max of € 1,500.
- 30 holiday days with a 40-hour working week, plus the option of buying 2 weeks of extra holiday days.
- extra leave to contribute to voluntary work.
- a range of education and training opportunities.
- the option to join our collective health insurance.
For more information about this position, please contact Alexander Wingelaar (Group Director Finance) via email Alexander.Wingelaar@triodos.com.
Please send in your application via the apply button before May 13 to the attention of Coen de Winter, Recruiter. Applications via e-mail or LinkedIn will not be processed. We would like to get in touch with you!
We reserve the right to close the vacancy earlier if there are enough good candidates. Furthermore, we prioritize internal candidates.
Acquisition as a result of this vacancy is not appreciated.
13 april 2022