To support the CEO, we are looking for a highly motivated and flexible
Business Manager to the CEO (32 – 40 hours)
The Business Manager's primary role is to support the CEO across his wide-ranging responsibilities by adapting to the specific needs of the CEO as a customer. The Business Manager must understand the responsibilities, needs and priorities of the CEO and actively facilitate the CEO to focus on the most strategic and critical demands of the position.
- Prepare key meetings and meeting materials, including reports, analyses, agendas, and presentations. Attend meetings, take notes, record meeting discussions, provide write-ups, and follow-up on action items.
- Read and analyse submissions, letters, agendas, memos and determine significance. Route materials to the appropriate co-worker(s) in a timely and efficient manner. Prepare executive responses to (routine) memos, letters or correspondence.
- Prepare regular updates such as the monthly updates to the Supervisory Board.
Meeting preparation and follow-up
- Prepare and attend at request key meetings with the CEO (e.g., with Senior Leadership, advisors, the Executive Board, Board of SAAT, Supervisory Board and external meetings) with the purpose of ensuring effective follow-up.
- Ensure that the meeting objectives are realistic, that the preparation is appropriate, and that the CEO is well-prepared. The Business Manager’s role is to make sure the CEO’s time is used effectively in a meeting context.
- Perform requests, assignments and special projects as directed by the CEO, including the review, research, summarization or analysis of information. Develop and utilize historical information. Provide retrieval of information.
Communication and relationship management
- Work with the CEO to strategize on and manage a portfolio of relationships. Develop and expand a network of contacts within and outside the bank.
- Respond to higher level managerial requests on behalf of the CEO, as appropriate, in close collaboration with the Executive Assistant.
- Prepare some specific draft communication on behalf of the CEO and/or do analysis in support of this. Examples range from the Monthly SB Updates to follow-up correspondence to Senior Leadership and third parties.
- Support the CEO and the EB in their relationship with the SB and Board of SAAT.
Eyes and ears
- Proactively identify issues that could impact the successful execution of the CEO’s responsibilities: Raise issues of which the CEO should be aware and bring forward proposals to resolve the problem/mitigate the risk.
- This requires the Business Manager to focus on the relevant interests of the parties, understand their intentions, and identify alternative means of handling pressing issues. This responsibility focuses on ensuring alignment among stakeholders and, when such alignment is absent, recommend and implement mitigating approaches.
The Business Manager has direct access to and works directly with the CEO. The Business Manager also closely cooperates with the Executive Assistant of the CEO. Hierarchically, the Business Manager reports to the Corporate Secretary and is a member of the Corporate Office team. This team also consists of two Deputy Corporate Secretaries and a Board Coordinator.
This is you
- An energetic young professional with up to 5 years experience, who delivers high quality results in a fast-moving environment.
- You have a high stress resistance, work effectively under considerable pressure, and are flexible in working hours.
- You exercise a high level of discretion while handling sensitive and confidential information.
- You are able of technical analysis - and yet, your impact will ultimately be determined much more by soft skills such as persuasion, trust, credibility, and ability to connect people within the organization.
- You have outstanding communication skills, including a proficient level in English and Dutch in both speaking and writing.
This is complemented by:
- Academic level of thinking, a master’s degree in Economics, Business or equivalent.
- Analytical skills, flexibility, communicative and interpersonal skills, good understanding of the TB organization, organizational sensitivity.
- Committed to the mission and values of Triodos.
Over onze organisatie
Follow your heart. Use your head.
Money always sets something into motion. At Triodos Bank, with our around 1,700 co-workers, we are making money work for positive societal change. Inspired by this mission, for 40 years we have been financing businesses, organisations and projects that seek to achieve positive change in societal, ecological and cultural domains. We are enabled to do so by savers and investors who wish to contribute to an honest, sustainable and humane society. We only invest in the real economy and do not trade in complex financial products. We furthermore make a point of knowing all the sustainable entrepreneurs that choose to bank with us.
People make the difference: at Triodos Bank we are very aware of this. Together we actively contribute to a sustainable society, and this obviously starts with our co-workers. Several regular moments of reflection and our systematic attention for personal development help ensure that we can make that difference together. We keep each other focused and are all dedicated to the Triodos Bank mission.
Wat we bieden
LocationThe award-winning sustainable office is based in Driebergen-Zeist, the Netherlands at the Estate Reehorst, just 3 minutes’ walk from the train station.
RemunerationImpact on society is the number one priority, both for us and for you. Our employment conditions reflect this vision. This includes:
- a salary appropriate to the position, our remuneration policy and your capabilities.
- an attractive pension policy.
- if you use public transport for commuting, you can use the mobility card for free private travels as well.
- flexible working hours and the opportunity to work from home.
- reimbursement of a company bicycle to the max of € 1,500.
- 30 holiday days with a 40-hour working week, plus the option of buying 2 weeks of extra holiday days.
- extra leave to contribute to voluntary work.
- a range of education and training opportunities.
- the option to join our collective health insurance.
For more information about this position, please contact Gertrude Ooms via email Gertrude.Ooms@triodos.com or phone 06 4041 1453.
Please send in your application via the apply button to the attention of Coen de Winter, Recruiter. Applications via e-mail or LinkedIn will not be processed. We would like to get in touch with you!
We reserve the right to close the vacancy earlier if there are enough good candidates.
22 juni 2022