Because we are extending our tasks, we are looking for a
Junior Vendor Manager (32 - 40 hrs)
Building valuable and long-lasting relationships with our external suppliers
As the cornerstone between our business and the businesses of our suppliers, your job is to make sure that all our working relationships are rock solid and beneficial. Triodos wants to have working relationships that are not only contractually in order down to the smallest details, but that also contribute as much value as possible to both Triodos Bank and its suppliers. This is reflected not only in long-lasting relationships, but also in sustainable entrepreneurship. Our aim is to build an honest, greener and social future hand in hand with our suppliers.
As vendor manager, your focus should also stretch beyond any particular contract. Thanks to this helicopter vision, you can identify opportunities and options that others cannot see. Your job is also to accurately map out these opportunities, obviously including the potential risks. This way you support the contract owners and managers at the various business units in selecting and contracting external suppliers.
- Ensure that our core values of sustainability, transparency, entrepreneurship and excellence are embedded in all the working relationships we enter into.
- Actively manage new and existing contracts, along with the associated service-and quality levels and having good insight on potential risks to be potentially mitigated.
- Contribute to improving our efficiency, both regarding contracts and regarding vendor management processes.
- Serve as knowledge and sparring partner for contract managers of the various business units, whom you support and train with regard to purchasing and vendor management related activities and processes, as well as for the senior management (e.g. contract owners, but also others as well), whom you inform about possible opportunities and benefits and or potential risks.
- Help to further build the Vendor Management department.
As Junior Vendor Manager, you will be part of the international Vendor Management community within Triodos Bank, where English is the working language. You will also work closely with all your colleagues at the Banking Business Units as well as at the Investment Management Business Unit, who are all eager to draw on your expertise with regard to procurement, outsourcing and contract management. This also applies to other colleagues at other departments (e.g. ICT, HR, Finance, etc.) at the head office, so part of your job is to divide your attention in the best possible way.
This is you
A pioneer who likes to stay a step ahead of the rest and who is eager to further develop and expand vendor management within Triodos Bank in the coming years. At the same time you possess enough sensitivity to know when you need to exert some influence, or need to apply the brakes, or should instead remain in the background. Your persuasiveness and pleasantly professional working style will quickly win both the confidence and the liking of the people you work with. This is complemented by:
- a bachelor level education.
- at least 2 to 5 years of relevant experience as a vendor manager, contract manager or procurement professional, preferably in the (financial) services sector.
- familiar with outsourcing contracts and SLA's.
- excellent command of both Dutch and English.
- a passion for procurement.
Over onze organisatie
Follow your heart. Use your head.
Money always sets something into motion. At Triodos Bank, with our 1,600 co-workers, we are making money work for positive societal change. Inspired by this mission, for 40 years we have been financing businesses, organisations and projects that seek to achieve positive change in societal, ecological and cultural domains. We are enabled to do so by savers and investors who wish to contribute to an honest, sustainable and humane society. We only invest in the real economy and do not trade in complex financial products. We furthermore make a point of knowing all the sustainable entrepreneurs that choose to bank with us.
People make the difference: at Triodos Bank we are very aware of this. Together we actively contribute to a sustainable society, and this obviously starts with our co-workers. Several regular moments of reflection and our systematic attention for personal development help ensure that we can make that difference together. We keep each other focused and are all dedicated to the Triodos Bank mission.
Our head office is in Zeist. If you travel in a sustainable manner and commute to office using public transport, then we will fully remunerate your commuter expenses. This is one way of contributing to a healthier environment, together.
Wat we bieden
You want to have an impact
Impact on society is the number one priority, both for us as a bank and for you as Junior Vendor Manager. The fact that Triodos moreover offers attractive and just employment conditions is a bonus. This includes:
- a salary appropriate to who you are and what you can do.
- an attractive pension policy.
- 100% remuneration of commuting expenses when using public transport.
- a company bicycle scheme.
- 29 holiday days with a 40-hour working week, plus the option of buying 2 weeks of extra holiday days.
- a range of education and training opportunities.
- the option to join our collective health insurance.
Are you interested?
For more information about this position, please contact Vendor Managers David Samama (email@example.com) or Peter Ligtvoet (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Want to join our team?
Please send in your application via the apply button before 5 July 2021 to the attention of Coen de Winter, Recruiter. Applications via e-mail or LinkedIn will not be processed. We would like to get in touch with you!
We reserve the right to close the vacancy earlier if there are enough good candidates. Furthermore, we prioritize internal candidates over external candidates.
Acquisition as a result of this vacancy is not appreciated.
Zeist | Head Office
8 juni 2021