Triodos Bank continues to grow and as a result our financial processes and products are changing continuously, therefore we are looking for a
Senior Financial Accountant (32 - 40 hours)
Accurate accounting of the growing, international Triodos Bank, responsibility to continuously adapt the administrations to the changing environment.
Is that your ambition too?
As an experienced financial accountant you know that the administration is a reflection of everything that happens within the bank. You implement new initiatives and / or entities within Triodos Bank directly in our accounting. With your experience you will be able to structurally set up the administration and reports in a smarter way and to boost the quality of the Internal Control Framework. You look at where automation can be done, which processes can be organized more efficiently and make proposals for getting it off the ground. This allows you to further professionalise Triodos Bank. The administrations of both Triodos Bank Head Office and Triodos Bank Nederland are in good hands with you.
- take care of the administration of Triodos Bank Head Office and Triodos Bank Netherlands. The monthly, quarterly and annual closings are your responsibility.
- to do this, you will be involved in all accounting tasks, including, for example, specifying ledger balances, recording accounting entries such as effective interest rate and IFRS lease accounting, and performing analytical reviews.
- take initiatives to optimize processes within your reach.
- participate in projects, for example around automation, and improving the documentation of processes and internal controls.
- contribute to the process of compiling the half-year figures and annual accounts of Triodos Bank N.V.
- communicate with internal and external stakeholders such as other departments and the external auditor.
Your new team is called Group Accounting, Invoicing & Payments and consists of six dedicated colleagues who are responsible for the financial accounting of Triodos Bank Head Office and Triodos Bank Netherlands, invoice processing and the payment process. You also work together with the Group Financial & Impact Reporting team consisting of four colleagues who are responsible for the consolidation, the IFRS financial statements and impact reporting. From your position as a senior financial accountant you zoom in on the organization of Triodos Bank. From the perspective of Triodos Bank Head Office and Triodos Bank Netherlands, you get a good overall picture of everything that is going on in the organization and within the Dutch portfolio.
This is you
You are solution-oriented, have a positive and open attitude and you feel responsible for achieving goals. You get energy from changes and improvements. You communicate easily, both in word and in writing, and you look at how you can find or create a common interest. You work accurately and in a structured way, but at the same time you look out-of-the-box for new ways to improve activities and processes.
This is complemented by:
- HBO working and thinking level.
- an education in financial accounting.
- at least 5 years of work experience in a financial administrative position, for example as a (senior) financial accountant, in a medium to large organization.
- great sense of responsibility, coping well with fluctuating work pressure.
- good knowledge of Excel.
- a good command of the Dutch and English language.
- experience with Exact is an advantage.
- knowledge of IFRS is an advantage.
Over onze organisatie
Follow your heart. Use your head.
Money always sets something into motion. At Triodos Bank, with our 1,600 co-workers, we are making money work for positive societal change. Inspired by this mission, for 40 years we have been financing businesses, organisations and projects that seek to achieve positive change in societal, ecological and cultural domains. We are enabled to do so by savers and investors who wish to contribute to an honest, sustainable and humane society. We only invest in the real economy and do not trade in complex financial products. We furthermore make a point of knowing all the sustainable entrepreneurs that choose to bank with us.
People make the difference: at Triodos Bank we are very aware of this. Together we actively contribute to a sustainable society, and this obviously starts with our co-workers. Several regular moments of reflection and our systematic attention for personal development help ensure that we can make that difference together. We keep each other focused and are all dedicated to the Triodos Bank mission.
Our head office is in Zeist. If you travel in a sustainable manner and commute to office using public transport, then we will fully remunerate your commuter expenses. This is one way of contributing to a healthier environment, together.
Wat we bieden
You want to have an impact
Impact on society is the number one priority, both for us as a bank and for you as senior financial accountant. The fact that Triodos moreover offers attractive and just employment conditions is a bonus. This includes:
- a salary appropriate to who you are and what you can do.
- an attractive pension policy.
- 100% remuneration of commuting expenses when using public transport.
- a company bicycle scheme.
- 29 holiday days with a 40-hour working week, plus the option of buying 2 weeks of extra holiday days.
- a range of education and training opportunities.
- the option to join our collective health insurance.
Are you interested?
For more information about this position, please contact Inge Tjeerdsma (Manager Group Finance) by phone: 030-753 63 34.
Want to join our team?
Please send in your application via the apply button before April 21 to the attention of Coen de Winter, Recruiter. Applications via e-mail or LinkedIn will not be processed. We would like to get in touch with you!
We reserve the right to close the vacancy earlier if there are enough good candidates.
Acquisition as a result of this vacancy is not appreciated.
Zeist | Head Office
7 april 2021