Triodos Food Transition Europe Fund is an evergreen venture capital & private equity fund, backing high impact businesses supporting the food transition. Motivated by our vision for Food & Agriculture, the fund invests across the lifecycle, backing businesses delivering environmental, social and economic outcomes that improve our food system. Over the past seven years the fund has built a diversified portfolio across organic food & beverages, healthy diets, e-grocery, plant-based meat alternatives and circular packaging. It currently has a portfolio of ten companies across Europe and a strong forward pipeline. The fund is growing and looking for an experienced and entrepreneurial team player to take a key role in the next phase. Senior Investment Manager Triodos Food Transition Europe Fund (36-40 hours a week).
As Senior Investment Manager you will be part of a unique impact investing fund with a long-term focus in an evergreen structure. You will lead late stage venture and private equity deals as well as manage an active portfolio. We are looking for an entrepreneurial and motivated leader who can contribute to the continuing development of the fund. The team consists of a fund manager, 2 Senior investment managers and 2 investment managers working closely together across pipeline and portfolio management.
- Build our profile, network and knowledge in key segments / markets of the sustainable food & agriculture sector;
- Originate deals in our target sectors;
- Structure and negotiate all aspects of transactions including valuation and legal documentation;
- Undertake risk, return and impact assessments, lead due diligence process;
- Write investment proposals and present to the Investment Committee;
- Help manage the portfolio through being non-executive director in our investees;
- Work with our businesses to improve both their financial and impact performance;
- Coordinate with other Triodos departments providing services to the fund;
- Support the rest of the team to improve and coach junior team members;
- Be a representative of Triodos Bank, our mission & the fund vision;
The position requires
- Academic degree, preferably Business Economics or Accounting / Finance;
- Significant experience in VC/PE or corporate finance (7-12 years), preferably covering end to end deal execution;
- Have experience in fulfilling the role of non-executive director on the board of investee companies;
- Experience working with young / growing businesses and supporting / challenging them as they grow;
- Demonstrated affinity with organic and sustainable consumer businesses and with transition towards sustainable food and agriculture systems;
- Preference for some experience and ideally networks in the European Food & Agriculture sectors;
- Fluency in English both orally and in writing, additional language German or French preferred;
- Willingness to travel in Western Europe on a regular basis (on average twice per month during normal times);
- Applicants must be nationals of a European member state or have a valid work permit for the European Union;
This is you
- Feel personally connected to the mission and goals of Triodos Bank;
- Able to have mature conversations at senior level of investee companies;
- Strong commercial and entrepreneurial skills;
- Good at building relationships and a deal-oriented attitude, excellent communication and networking skills;
- Highly developed analytical skills and a willingness to share knowledge and expertise with the aim to support team members in their development;
- A result-oriented, open and professional work attitude.
Over onze organisatie
Do you want to be part of an organization that has as mission to make money work for positive social, environmental and cultural change? Money has the power to get things done.
More information on the fund and its impact objectives can be found in the online: https://www.triodos-im.com/press-releases/2019/triodos-bank-calls-for-complete-change-of-food-and-agriculture-systems
Triodos IM is a globally recognised leader in impact investing. Triodos IM currently manages 12+ funds invested in both Europe and emerging markets. Over the years the business has grown to EUR 4.9 billion. This growth is the result of Triodos IM’s deep market sector insights and knowledge in combination with the sustainability objectives and commitment of our partners. We work with around 220 co-workers; diversity is key which is mirrored in an international group of people where authenticity is valued.
We have an open, non-hierarchical and transparent corporate culture. We prioritise professional and personal growth and believe in education and training on the job. The formal language is English. More information? See https://www.triodos-im.com
Wat we bieden
The brand new, sustainable office is based in Driebergen, the Netherlands at the Estate Reehorst, just 3 minutes’ walk from the train station.
Impact on society is the number one priority, both for us and for you. Our employment conditions reflect this vision. This includes:
- a salary appropriate to the position, our remuneration policy and your capabilities
- an attractive pension policy
- 100% remuneration of commuting expenses when using public transport
- a company bicycle scheme
- 29 holiday days on the basis of a 40-hour working week, plus the option of buying 2 weeks of extra holiday days
- extra leave to contribute to voluntary work
- a range of education and training opportunities
- flexible working hours and the opportunity to work from home
- the option to join our collective health insurance
The search for this position is granted exclusively to XB consultants www.xbconsultants.com
For more information about this position or if you want to apply please send your application (including motivation letter) before March 5th, to the attention of Chris Leek, Consultant at XB Consultants via email@example.com
- Applications directly addresses to Triodos Investment Management will not be processed.
- Acquisition as a result of this vacancy is not appreciated.
- We reserve the right to close the vacancy earlier if there are enough good candidates.
Driebergen-Rijsenburg | Triodos Investment Management
15 februari 2021