Banks have been affected by complex and comprehensive regulations in recent years. In addition, quality of and real-time access to data is increasingly important. The pace of technological development and innovation is accelerating, as is the need for data driven reporting, monitoring and control. Good, correct and complete data enable us to not only comply with regulation, but also become even more effective and efficient in steering, monitoring and improving our banking activities.
To support and sustain this development Triodos Group Finance is working on improving on data quality, automating its reporting processes, improving its analyses and its controls. Monitoring, validating and improving data quality from front-end systems all the way to actual financial- and regulatory reports has become a job in and of itself. A data steward is the linking pin between all parties involved as a guardian and key point of contact for resolving issues around data quality.
Do you enjoy working your way through data, looking for clues as to where data quality issues appear? Do you have a strong affinity for financial- or regulatory reporting? Are you comfortable in a data driven environment where cooperation between local branches and head office departments is key? Are you a team player, used to balancing working in an Agile Scrum environment with stringent, sometimes external, deadlines? Then you are the Data Steward we are looking for!
- Resolve data quality related issues and monitoring trends;
- Interprete regulatory guidelines and translate these into data quality requirements, definitions and controls;
- Create and maintain Data Delivery Agreements;
- Track and coordinate progress of resolving specific data quality issues related to reporting (for instance DGS, FinRep, CoRep, annual reports);
- Coordinate data quality resolutions with the local branch data stewards, business and IT, reporting progress and trends to Group Finance;
- Aid in maintaining compliance; offering regulatory guidance to current and new regulations and providing information on risks where required, providing proof of compliancy to both internal and external auditors;
- Go beyond regulatory compliance; searching for improvements in data quality that help Triodos make money work for positive social, environmental and cultural change.
This is you
- You have a solid feeling and understanding for Triodos’ mission and incorporate it in the way you work, experience in an international environment is considered a plus;
- You can work and think at an academic level and have experience in data management in the banking industry;
- You have outstanding communication skills, including a proficient level in English in both speaking and writing;
- You have experience with DNB and Basel reports such as DGS, Corep, Finrep;
- You are well versed in reading regulatory guidelines, legislation and data delivery agreements, translating them into concrete actions and solving them one step at a time;
- You have an analytical mind; you are logical, well organized and able to coordinate conflicting regulatory deadlines across various branches;
- You are experienced in working in an agile environment with Scrum methodology; Product Owner and/or Scrum master certificates considered a plus;
- You enjoy sifting through data looking for solutions to data quality issues in close cooperation with Business Intelligence and IT; knowledge of SQL, data visualization and/or analytics tools are considered a plus;
- You like to contribute to future-proofing an organization through data quality driven efficiency, innovation and automation.
Over onze organisatie
Follow your heart. Use your head.
Money has the power to get things done. At Triodos Bank, our ca. 1.500 staff ensure that money helps change society for the better. Based on this mission, we have financed companies, institutions and projects working towards positive social, ecological and cultural change for 40 years. We owe all this to the savers and investors who choose a fair, sustainable and humane society. We only invest in the real economy and do not trade in complex financial products.
People make the difference. Together we make an active contribution to a sustainable society and that, of course starts with our co-workers. Various structural reflection moments and the attention to personal development ensure that we can make a difference together. We keep each other engaged and all work from the mission of Triodos Bank.
Our Dutch head office is located in Zeist; a modern and green working environment. Are you traveling by public transport? Based on our company philosophy we fully reimburse the costs.
Wat we bieden
You want to make a difference
Our first priority is impact – the difference made by us as a bank, and you as a data steward regulatory reporting. And that's not all: Triodos Bank also offers great working conditions. These include:
- A salary appropriate to who you are and what you are capable of;
- 100% public transport allowance for journeys between home and work;
- A bike scheme;
- 29 days of paid annual leave for a 40-hour working week and the opportunity to purchase up to 10 additional days of annual leave;
- An attractive pension scheme;
- Training & development opportunities;
- Flexible working hours and the opportunity to work from home;
- The option of joining our collective health insurance scheme.
For more information you can contact Alexander Wingelaar, Group Director Finance, via firstname.lastname@example.org or 06 - 2116 4315.
Want to join the team?
Want to join our team? Please send your application (including motivation letter) before August, 1th, to the attention of Coen de Winter, Recruiter, via the Apply button on our website.
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.
Zeist | Head Office
17 juli 2020