The Risk & Compliance Department of Triodos Investment Management (“Triodos IM”) supports the investment fund activities with professional expertise, advice and implementation of regulations regarding Risk & Compliance. The department works in close co-operation with Financial Accounting, Tax & Legal, Controlling, Fund- and Investment managers. Due to increasing activities in order to meet the strategic goals and plans, the Risk & Compliance team opens a position for a Senior Compliance Officer (32-40 hours a week).
The team you will be part of consists of three Compliance officers (including you) and two Operational Risk Managers, managed by the Head of Risk Management & Compliance. The team operates functionally and hierarchically independent from the investment operation and has a signalling function with regard to prevailing non-financial risks at investment funds and mandates managed by Triodos Investment Management.
The Compliance Officer will work together with the Group Compliance department to develop, implement and monitor the Compliance Framework and accompanying policies and or procedures to create Compliance awareness.
Your responsibilities are amongst others
- Support the Head of Risk Management & Compliance in further developing the Compliance Function
- Pro-actively monitor and interpret outside regulatory and legal requirements and translate these into understandable organisation specific internal policies on topics like MiFID, AML, Market Abuse, AIFMD, UCITS, GDPR, FATCA CRS
- Challenge the organisation on correct policy implementation and control measures taken
- Prepare and participate in integrity risk identification & assessment sessions
- Perform monitoring and reporting activities on multiple compliance topics
- Develop and facilitate Compliance training to create awareness
- Perform Compliance Incident Management activities (investigate, advise, report)
- Advise the organisation on all kinds of Compliance related topics
The position requires
- Master's degree with a legal background and preferably a Compliance education
- At least 3-5 years' of experience in a Compliance or Legal environment in the Financial Services industry
- Preferably experienced with asset management (mandates), MiFID II
- Fluent in English and Dutch
- Applicants must be nationals of a European member state or have a valid work permit for the EU
This is you
- Strong affinity and personal connections with the values and mission of Triodos and the capacity to communicate these and translate them into daily activities
- Being able to combine a compliance attitude with business understanding
- Enjoy influencing behavior in the organization and building a firm compliance culture
- A team player and a critical professional who connects and forms a strong relationship with colleagues
- Being able to work as a pioneer, meaning that you can work independently and that you are pro-active in working on new developments
- Excellent communication and networking skills (connector, building bridges)
- Being able to influence the business (advice skills)
- Persistence, an eye for detail and ability to complete projects and keep to deadlines
Over onze organisatie
Do you want to be part of an organization that has as mission to make money work for positive social, environmental and cultural change? Money has the power to get things done.
Triodos IM is a globally recognized leader in impact investing. Triodos IM currently manages 16+ funds invested in both Europe and emerging markets. Over the years the business has grown to EUR 4.6 billion. This growth is the result of Triodos IM’s deep market sector insights and knowledge in combination with the sustainability objectives and commitment of our partners. We work with around 200 co-workers, diversity is key which is mirrored in an international group of people where authenticity is valued.
We have an open, non-hierarchical and transparent corporate culture. We prioritize professional and personal growth and believe in education and training on the job. The formal language is English. More information? See https://www.triodos-im.com
Wat we bieden
We offer a combination of working at home and working in our new, sustainable office, based in Driebergen, the Netherlands at the Estate Reehorst, just 3 minutes’ walk from the train station.
Impact on society is the number one priority, both for us and for you. Our employment conditions reflect this vision. This includes:
- a salary appropriate to the position, our remuneration policy and your capabilities
- an attractive pension policy
- 100% remuneration of commuting expenses when using public transport
- a company bicycle scheme
- 29 holiday days on the basis of a 40-hour working week, plus the option of buying 2 weeks of extra holiday days
- extra leave to contribute to voluntary work
- a range of education and training opportunities
- flexible working hours and the opportunity to work from home
- the option to join our collective health insurance
For more information about this position, please contact Sander van Schadewijk, Head of Risk & Compliance via Sander.vanSchadewijk@triodos.nl
Want to join our team? Please send your application (including motivation letter) before August 16th, 2020 to the attention of Dorette Hollestelle – Geesink, Sr. HR Advisor Triodos IM via the Apply button on our website.
Driebergen-Rijsenburg | Triodos Investment Management
14 juli 2020