Triodos Investment Management B.V. (Triodos IM) is an independent entity within Triodos Group. Triodos IM acts as manager for its own sustainable AIFs (Alternative Investment Funds) and UCITS (Undertakings for Collective Investment in Transferable Securities). The investment funds are located in the Netherlands and Luxembourg. Triodos IM is supervised by the AFM. At present, Triodos IM has its primary focus on collective asset management. It is the intention to expand the activities to individual asset management. To meet the strategic goals and plans, the Tax & Legal team opens a position for a (Senior) Legal Counsel (36-40 hours a week).
We are looking for a legal counsel with solid knowledge in the field of financial supervision and corporate law, in particular the Wft and European regulations such as MiFID II, AIFMD and UCITS. The legal counsel is involved in investment institutions and asset management, including topics such as distribution, notifications, fund documentation (prospectus, KIID, PRIIPS), and entering into and managing (asset management) agreements. It is important to keep track of legislative developments and to assess and advise on the impact of new laws and regulations on our business.
The legal counsel works closely with the Product Management department, the Business Development and Investor Relations department and with fund managers.
In this position you will get the opportunity to be active in one of the front runner asset managers in sustainable investments. Impact investing in public market requires thorough analysis, vision and dedication. Working at Triodos means that you will be one of those legal counsels who wants to use and enrich her or his personal skills continuously.
The Tax and Legal team consist of nine people; three Legal Counsels, a Corporate Secretary also involved as Legal advisor in projects, two Tax Counsels, a Paralegal and an assistant Paralegal, headed by the Manager Tax & Legal. The team is highly motivated and works well together on a basis of equivalence.
Your responsibilities are amongst others
- signal developments in relevant legislation (UCITS, AIFMD, Wft, MiFID II), initiate adjustments if necessary, create more awareness and mitigate the legal risks related to your area of expertise
- pro-actively provide advice and support related to our license and the funds under management
- provide advice and support on distribution, notification, fund documentation and several agreements
- liaise with external advisors and coordinate the external advice
- develop and manage standard agreements, e.g. an asset management or distribution agreement
- draft and review fund documentation, such as prospectus and marketing material
- participate in projects, such as new funds or a new website
- contribute to the development of the team of Tax&Legal
- contribute to the inhouse regulations of Triodos IM
- liaise with the regulator
The position requires
- Master's degree in financial law or corporate law, preferable supplemented with a Grotius financial law
- Thorough knowledge of supervisory laws and regulations, particularly regarding collective and individual asset management (AIFMD, UCITS, MiFIDII)
- Knowledge of or willingness to dive into all kinds of related or new EU laws and regulations, such as Securitization, EMIR, FATCA CRS as well as legislation related to the EC sustainable finance agenda
- Several years of relevant work experience, preferably with a fund manager / asset manager or pension institution
- Preferably experienced in providing legal advice to investment institutions and / or entering into and managing asset management contracts and mandates
- Analytically skilled, can translate legislation well into practice and in contract
- Fluent in English and Dutch, both written and oral
- Applicants must be nationals of a European member state or have a valid work permit for the EU
This is you
- Driven person, intrinsically motivated to work for a mission-driven organization focused on sustainability
- Focused on collaboration with other departments such as fund managers and business development
- Work well independently whilst being constructive in the team
- An ownership attitude, problem solving, and critical thinking skills are essential
- Result oriented mindset with a drive for quality
- Show a proactive and hands-on mentality, used to work in multidisciplinary teams
- Work efficiently, structured and accurate and you thrive on reaching results
- Have a solution focused attitude, be pragmatic with good business sense
Over onze organisatie
Welcome at Triodos IM
Do you want to be part of an organization that has as mission to make money work for positive social, environmental and cultural change? Money has the power to get things done.
Triodos IM is a globally recognised leader in impact investing. Triodos IM currently manages 16+ funds invested in both Europe and emerging markets. Over the years the business has grown to EUR 4.9 billion. This growth is the result of Triodos IM’s deep market sector insights and knowledge in combination with the sustainability objectives and commitment of our partners. We work with around 200 co-workers, diversity is key which is mirrored in an international group of people where authenticity is valued.
We have an open, non-hierarchical and transparent corporate culture. We prioritise professional and personal growth and believe in education and training on the job. The formal language is English. More information? See https://www.triodos-im.com
Wat we bieden
We offer a combination of working at home and working in our new, sustainable office, based in Driebergen, the Netherlands at the Estate Reehorst, just 3 minutes’ walk from the train station.
Impact on society is the number one priority, both for us and for you. Our employment conditions reflect this vision. This includes:
- a salary appropriate to the position, our remuneration policy and your capabilities
- an attractive pension policy
- 100% remuneration of commuting expenses when using public transport
- a company bicycle scheme
- 29 holiday days on the basis of a 40-hour working week, plus the option of buying 2 weeks of extra holiday days
- extra leave to contribute to voluntary work
- a range of education and training opportunities
- flexible working hours and the opportunity to work from home
- the option to join our collective health insurance
The search for this position is granted to Elderson Executive Search http://www.eldersonexecutivesearch.nl/
For more information about this position, call Saskia Elderson via + 31 6 53 858 758
If you want to apply please send your application (including motivation letter) before August 7th, to the attention of Saskia Elderson, firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications directly addressed to Triodos Investment Management will not be processed.
Acquisition as a result of this vacancy is not appreciated.
Driebergen-Rijsenburg | Triodos Investment Management
16 juli 2020