Follow your heart. Use your head
Do you want to be part of a mission-driven organization that makes money work for positive social, environmental and cultural change? Money has the power to get things done. At Triodos Bank we ensure that money helps change society for the better. Based on this mission, we have financed companies, institutions and projects working towards positive social, ecological and cultural change for almost 40 years. We owe all this to the savers and investors who choose a fair, sustainable and humane society. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRP5E0EF8kc
To increase its positive impact in Impact Equities & Bonds (IE&B), Triodos Investment Management has taken sustainable investing in listed securities a step further by integrating it’s sustainable and financial analysis within the investment process. The mid- office Impact Equities & Bonds creates reliable insight through tools, reports and daily reconciliation that benefits the department and help to perform the portfolio management function.
Within this team we have an open vacancy for the position:Team manager Mid-Office Impact Equities & Bonds
(32-40 hours a week)
In this position you will get the opportunity to be active in one of the front runner asset managers in sustainable investments. Impact investing in public market requires thorough analysis, vision and dedication. Working with Triodos means that you will be one of those financial specialists who wants to use her or his personal skills for good.
What will you be doing?
You will work closely together and manage a small team of 3 co-workers, and you will coordinate all processes involved in the mid- office organization for the business line ‘Impact Equities & Bonds’. The IE&B mid office partly relies on outsourced processes, which requires deep understanding and close monitoring of the outsourced processes and service providers without duplicating outsourced services.
Your responsibilities in this position:
- Activities include the full range from trade-confirmation to final settlement, daily reconciliation, several reporting activities including management reports, risk reports as well as client reports
- In this role your time will be focused for a significant part on working together with your direct reports on the team’s tasks and responsibilities. This means that most of your time you will perform similar tasks as your team members.
- Coach a small, mature team on a day-to-day basis, including monitoring team performance (further empowerment of the team and divisions of tasks
- Streamline the mid office activities and processes primarily based on ISAE controls, including the relationship and operational processes with TB Private Banking Netherlands in close cooperation with other members of the Impact Equities & Bonds Business Line
- Lead all aspects of the mid- & back-office activities for funds and managed accounts investing in listed securities
- Manage and monitor outsourced parts of the mid- office activities for both investments funds and private clients mandates
- Represent the team in the ICT key user group to ensure correct prioritization and refinement of changes
- Initiate and manage process improvements on a continuous basis
- Closely align with front-office where portfolio transactions are initiated
- Become the expert in all IE&B mid- and back office activities within the Triodos IM organization and manage the collective knowledge base of your team
- Participate in Broker Approval committee
This is you :
Affinity and personal connection with the mission and values of Triodos Bank and the capacity to communicate these and translate them into daily activities.
- Proven experience (4-8 years) as a professional in the investment industry, preferably in mid- and/or back-office, administration and/or custody
- A college degree, preferably in Economics or Business Administration
- Experience in leading a (small) team can be an advantage
- Strong team player skills, able to work under pressure and excellent communication skills
- Preferable experienced in the Lean process improvement methodology
- A helicopter view and able to manage internal and external stakeholders in a professional way
- Fluent in Dutch and English
- Good analytical and communication skills and able to summarize complex material both verbally and in writing
- Focus and interest to develop new processes and workflows for the mid- office activities
- Pragmatic, gets things done, hands on attitude
- Inquisitive by nature with an eye for new developments in the sector and the ability to convert this into opportunities for the team
Over Triodos Bank
About Triodos Investment Management:
Triodos Investment Management, a 100% subsidiary of Triodos Bank, is a globally recognised leader in impact investment, managing direct investments around themes including climate and energy, inclusive finance, sustainable trade, organic food and agriculture, sustainable real estate and listed companies with above average environmental, social and governance (ESG) performance. The business has grown on the basis of deep market sector insights and long-term commitment to sustainability objectives of our partners. Triodos Investment Management currently manages 17 + Funds in 5 impact strategies (AuM EUR 4.2 billion) investing in both Europe and emerging markets.
For more information on the activities of Triodos Investment Management: http://www.triodos.com/en/investment-management/
For information about the Impact Equities and Bonds activities please refer to: https://www.triodos-im.com/impact-equities-and-bonds
Wat we bieden
You want to make a difference:
As a sustainable organization it is our priority to invest pro-actively in your personal and professional development. You will be working in a professional, informal and transparent atmosphere and be a member of an international team which will motivate you to perform and develop your personal and professional goals. We offer a working environment within a growing organization where there is room for personal ideas, initiatives and balance.
In addition to this we offer:
- a salary appropriate to who you are and what you are capable of
- 29 paid holiday days for a 40-hour working week, and the opportunity to purchase 2 extra weeks
- training and development opportunities
- flexible working hours and the opportunity to work from home
- as from November 2019 a brand-new office next to the train station of Driebergen-Zeist
- 100% public transport allowance for journeys between home and work
- an attractive pension scheme
- a bike scheme
The position is based in Zeist, the Netherlands. Applicants must be nationals of a European member state or have a valid work permit for the European Union.
For more information about this position, please contact Luuk Oostenbrink, Head of Portfolio Administration by email: Luuk.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please send your motivation letter and resume before 23 June 2109 at the attention of Alied Nijdam, Sr HR Advisor.
Zeist I Triodos Investment Management
17 juni 2019